i am missing over 10,000 iteams says link damaged in inventory on the sl2 viewer

Ashton Redrose

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4623 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i am missing over 10,000 iteams says link damaged in inventory on the sl2 viewer

i have tried everything . clear cache / clear inventory / relog in cyclops / relog on linden main land / beta sim / i have tried everything and when i contact linden labs they say that they cant help me with it due to that my account is a basic account and if i want further assistance i have to pay the member ship fee . please someone help me please respond here and as well contact me in world at Ashton Redrose . maybe im doing something wrong with these ways to supposibly fix it but either way id just like to get my inventory iteams back please

it all resulted when i tried out the kokua viewer which i was un aware of the unstable ways of it where it had glitches that caused inventory issues due to the change that linden labs had made to there inventory system 

4 answers to this question

Losing 10,000 items may make it financially worthwhile taking out a monthly Premium membership to allow Linden Lab Support sort this out but only you know the value of what is missing. Obviously, there is no guarantee they can recover the items but if the normal inventory recovery steps fail, it's your only chance.

Welcome to Second Life Answers, Ashton.

Please be assured, a lot of people have this problem.

After you cleared your cache, did you reboot your computer?  And then log into a quiet sim like Furball and open your inventory window. Do absolutely nothing else. Just wait, walk away for ten minutes, and report back here please, tell us what happened.

This has happened to me several times in the past, and only after a reboot and patience has my inventory returned.

As there is no current way to reply to yourself - please just add more information to this original post by clicking on "options" top right hand of your post and select the edit option.

Usually "link damage" does not effect the linked item---the actual product.  Just the links that lead back to them.   Are you sure the items are gone and just not the links broken? 

If items really are gone, for 10K items I agree---if you are not Premium already it would be a good thing to do so could get some support for issue.  Besides getting more/better customer support you also get a large portion of Premium membership cost back in the form of lindens via a weekly stipend and a sign up bonus.  There are other perks too but getting the lindens means premium membership really costs very little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4623 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.