Sign in to follow this  
Milly Adasia

How can I use SL in High or Ultra quality?

Question

3 answers to this question

Hello Milly. Depends of course what you mean when you say good SL experience. For example i use a simple and some old Geforce Nvidia GT240 and i play with high quality graphics (although i have disabled shadows etc) and i haven't problem. I see also all textures and stuff very clearly.

So the answer in your question is that if you desire the highest quality without lag you need to purchase a better system and a top and expensive graphics card and still don't be sure about the results. I don't think that it is necessary. Recently several friends bought new computers and still they aren't able to play having ultra quality in graphics and no lag.

The simple but not inexpensive answer is to buy a new and more powerful system. :D. BUT there are other answers too.  Here are some things that will help.

1. Run in a smaller window than full screen.

2. Limit your draw distance as much as possible. You really don't need to see two sims over *wink*.

3. Directly connect to your ISP; no wifi. Upping your download speed by bumping up to the next level (assuming you aren't at the top) will help in some ways like texture loading.

4. Try a different viewer. Some of the third party viewers are easier on your system. http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

5. Start saving up for that next computer :D