AlexaShade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Is there a difference between buying an "avatar" and buying a "skin"? I see both for sale and as a new player on SL I am kind of confused. If there is a difference which is better. The original avatar that I received when I first logged on leaves much to be desired.

thank you in advance for taking the time to answer.

Alexa Shade

3 answers to this question

AlexaShade wrote:

Is there a difference between buying an "avatar" and buying a "skin"? I see both for sale and as a new player on SL I am kind of confused. If there is a difference which is better. The original avatar that I received when I first logged on leaves much to be desired.

thank you in advance for taking the time to answer.

Alexa Shade

Lol...don't we know :)

When purchasing a skin, it is just that, a skin.  Each skin will look different on your shape, so please, always use the demos to check it out before buying.

Purchasing an avatar is the whole kit and kaboodle...shape, skin, etc...that will make you look just like the avatar advertised. But beware, some are not the whole thing, instead it will give you a notecard on places to purchase said hair, eyes, etc to have the exact look.

Hope this helps and have fun!!

• Like 1

An "Avatar" is the "Person" you see on your screen. Creators often refer to an Avatar when they sell a complete Set for your Avi, like Skin, Shape, Hair, Clothes etc, put together in a package.

The "Skin" is only the outer shell of your Avi, like the skin every human has :) It covers your Shape, and defines the basic look, like skincolor and how the face looks. :)

Hope this helps :) 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.