Problem with SL log in.

Merun Zerbino

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4636 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I really dont know if this particular thread belongs here or not but I couldnt really find a propper place to put it, and since this isnt really a technical issue I dont think the help page will do me much good.

You see, since moving into my dorm at my college I have come to find out that the internet actualy restricts me from logging into SL. I even have a program called hotspot shield to allow people to get around these sort of interet restrictions but not even that is helping. I don't relaly care a whole lot about logging in to walk around or itneract with my avitar, I'm mainly concerned about not being able to talk to my friends. Is there any way to talk to your friends without having to log in? I've tried SLite but that seems to have the same issues as just logging in does.

Thank you for any help that can be given.

I agree with Marigold that a chat client with no graphics such as Radegast would be ideal, but does require a login, same with Metabolt, though I think Radegast is better.

If you have an iPhone, iPad or iPod there are also a couple of chat apps for them http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

If you just want to send messages to people inworld, I  use an offline pager (see my picks) which lets you send an IM to anyone using your email.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4636 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.