Flickering Trees

Charolotte Caxton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

On the mainland, Linden trees and shrubbery flicker. No other trees flicker. I am curious as to why and how I may get them to appear non flickering to me. I am using the latest V3 viewer. I have an ATI card. I have tried VBO both disabled and enabled. I have turned my graphics all the way to low, and all the way to ultra. I have disabled and enabled shadows. Regardless of what I do, the Linden trees and shrubbery flicker. Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you.  

ETA: Flickering trees are no longer happening to me. I am now on SL Viewer 3.0.3 and I applied the drivers that can be read about HERE, not sure which fix was the solution or if was a combination of the two.

5 answers to this question

Hi Charlotte,

I'm assuming some viewer update has affected the way your graphics card is now rendering alpha textures on Linden plants so probably another alpha sorting issue to add to those already around. All alpha textures are not equal. I have an alpha issue with invisiprims showing black on one pair of shoes while all the others from the same creator are fine. It's something to do with the way the creator prepared this particular texture in a different way to those on her other shoes and my card can't render it correctly.

Is your driver up to date or at least reasonably up to date. I think I read Catalyst 11.6 and 11.7 were causing some problems but 11.5 was ok, which is the one I'm using.

Anyway, I'm sure Rolig or leliel will have a much better insight into why this is happening.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.