Land Guide

SL8995

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello can someone please give me a full step-by-step guide on how to own land and houses? i went to the wiki and im still a little bit confused but if you can give me some tips, what are some good prices, etc. I would really appreciate it! :D

Thank You very much for all of your help! :)

Thats a huge topic, I would suggest you read http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Beginning-land-owner-FAQ/ta-p/700035  then click on the "Knowledge Base" tab above & type Land into the search. You will  find several useful pages about different aspects of buying & renting.

You can  ask more specific questions here about anything you need explained more after that.

Well, other than what others have stated...

1.  Figure out if you want to own land, or rent.  Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

2.  Figure out what type of place you want live in.  A beach home, or a snow-capped mountain?  By the sea, or by a road?  Secluded, or near activities?

3.  Explore the world map, the SL Marketplace, the forums, and your viewer's various search options to find parcels that meet the above two criteria.

4.  Get a feel for the prices involved and decide what fits your budget.

5.  Check out the surrounding parcels.  Do they look nice?  Do the profiles of the current owners raise any red flags?

6.  Make a purchase decision.

7.  Start sending me your weekly rent money, along with decanters of blood taken from your first-born ch...oops, did I say that outloud?  :womanvery-happy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.