Abuse of RLV attachments to make someone break the TOS

Abigail Merlin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4634 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

one of my alts is a teenage avatar (roleplayed as 16 years) used for non sexual kidnap roleplay.

I use RLV attachments to help with this but yesterday someone pretended to start a kidnapping so I granted access to the rlv item, once teleported I noticed a number of sexual poseballs so I asked in OOC text if he realised I was playing an 16 year old teen and he responded that he was and still proceded to force my avatar on a sexual poseball and start a sexual roleplay, luckely I could call in help to get me out of that situation, after that the abuser IMed me that he hoped I and every teenage avatar on my sim gets banned because according to him teen avatars are not alowed to use RLV in the first place and have to stay on PG sims.

The WIKI about sexual ageplay mentions nothing about RLV but does word that placing a childavatar near sexual poses is not alowed: *For instance, the placement of avatars appearing to represent minors in proximity to "sex beds" or other sexualized graphics, objects, or scripts would violate our Community Standards, as would the placement of sexualized "pose balls" or other content in areas depicting playgrounds or children's spaces. *

The question now is three fold,

1)who was placing the avatar near the poseballs in this case, the abuser or myself?

2)is RLV alowed for child avatars seeing the number of non sexual uses currently being in use including several aimed at child avatars specificaly? https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Yuus-Nuuu-Parent-Kids-Greatest-Tool-SL-Child-Essentials/1759349

3)am I correct that he is blowing smoke with his claim that teen avatars are limited to PG regions?

3 answers to this question

Interesting question as far as child avvies and RLV, because the offficial LL viewer does not support that feature & so I don`t think it is even addressed in the TOS specificallly.

Having said that, your question about "who" placed your avatar where it shouldn`t have been, the answer would be that you did, because you gave control of the avatar to someone else.

It is completely untrue that teen avvies are restricted to PG areas, it is RL teens that are restricted there until they turn 18, even if their avvies are adults.

The section of the TOS that you quoted is the relevant one & if you are going to use RLV, you are taking a serious risk of getting yourself into trouble, especially if someone had AR`d you in a compromising position at that location with attached snapshot.

• Like 1

The use of RLV is not strictly for sexual purposes. There are many non-sexual and legitimate reason one may use RLV like the example you have given the link to, I myself use that item. Having said that, and as a child avi myself and hoping not to offend you, I believe that you put yourself in that situation. RLV does not take away the right to reason, therefore, the moment you were teleported to such a place with sexual poseballs, you could have logged off, logged back in without RLV and logged at home.

Also, rl teens are restricted to PG sims, teen and child avatars are not.

yes if you wish to play kidnap rp you should be a legitimate age as the males into kidnap rp are not thinking the same way you are as i am sure your aware of how males think you should not have kept yourself and brought others into the situation instead you should have logged off and come back in with rlv off you risk alot of tos violations with kidnap rp using a 16 year old av i would strongly suggest changing to no age and when asked say your real age not saying the age you rp as and make your avatar look atleast 18 what you imagine in your mind we cannot control but what you put into words in sl for the public to read and take in your responsible for and will be held accountable for so rethink this rp at your rp age or rethink your age if you want to continue the rp 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4634 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.