Certain objects don't appear after you are a certain distance away from them?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone, I am not entirely sure where to put this thread at , or even the best way to word this so ill do my best. Here is the the thing, I have been watching a lot of football games (SFL American style football) And the sim the fans stands are in are in a seperate sim about 200m away from the field to reduce lag for the players.  Now when watching the game, you can see the football in the players hand, but once the ball is thrown into the air...you can't see it from a distance, even if you have your draw distance turned all the way up. Im sure this is a limitation of second life and was wondering if anyone knew a way to make the ball appear at any distance? I hope I explained the situation enough.

LOD Culling makes most small things vanish at a distance. A football isn't going to be visible from very far away.

You might try linking a phantom, 100% transparent sphere to the football, and making that sphere much bigger. Scripts can make the linked prim intangible, and if the whole linkset is something like 5 to 10 meters in diameter, you might still see it at a distance. That will probably play hell with the ball's physics properties, though.

recent as of earlier this year... they had reduced it. and the annoying thing I found was that it depended on which direction it was in from where you were standing.... or perhaps how far from the region center... I never could tell.... but the same  objects were getting culled at different distances depending on where you were standing in relation to it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.