How to put a logo on a shirt without it being distorted on a female

WhiteRabbit88

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4657 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Preventing a logo on the front side from getting distorted is pretty much impossible, unless you make it fairly small and place it on one breast only (not across both). But it needs to be really small, because the breast mesh distorts textures quite a bit towards the outer sides.

Another option is to place the logo below the breast area, like this:

tank top.jpg

...it will look ok as long as the avatar keeps her back straight. But if she leans back or bends forward, the abdominal mesh is stretched or squashed.

I'm not a builder, but I know that a mesh shirt will not distort the logo. 

The downside is that many residents still can't see mesh because they use a viewer that don't support mesh. They will see a blob.

The other downside is that many residents don't like to change their shape, they are so attached to it. So mesh clothing needs to be supported in many different sizes. You will also need to provide an alpha layer to hide parts of the default mesh that poke through. Rigged mesh that bends and follows the body is not modifiable. I assume you can use a resize script, but that will only make the whole design bigger. A tshirt made for average 50 breast size would make both female with 25 breast size and 75 breast size complain.

Here you can read about what some residents think about mesh: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/Did-it-Mesh-You-Up/td-p/1055835 

You will see that many are positive, while others are not.

See, THIS "You just have to tweak your current shape," is a huge issue.

Clothes should MOD to fit me. I shouldn't have to MOD me in order to fit into clothes. 

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4657 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.