Moderation Notifications

Darrius Gothly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Along with several others, I was under the impression that any time a post is pulled, the author of that post is notified by either Email or IM about the moderation action. However recent events have shown that not to always be the case.

Lexie? Were notificatons stopped for a reason? Are there certain situations or conditions in which notifications are not sent?

I looked for something in writing about this --  I think someone mentioned this was agreed on in a meeting. The guidelines don't reflect it, tho -- they say that mods can do things without an explanation.

I've had a few posts pulled but I always knew why :matte-motes-evil-invert:

Hi Darrius

If a thread is removed due to the majority of the posts being outside the guidelines; the OP will be notified.  It isn't possible for the mods to contact each person in the thread.  They just do not have the available time to do that and also keep on top of all the other forum activity.   That said, we are making efforts to not remove whole threads unless it is really necessary.  It is understandable that an author who spent time writing a good post, would be frustrated if it vanishes. 

Re: Single post removal: If a single post is removed, there is a reason. The post would be removed and given a warning or other appropriate action notice.  

Thank you Lexie. I totally understand about not notifying "the crew" when a whole thread is pulled. I am glad to hear though that when a single post is pulled, the individual post's author is notified. (I suspect they don't need an explanation in most cases, but at least they need a heads-up.)

I know some folks have their IMs turned off. When someone has turned off their IMs, do your Mods send out email notifications instead, or does their notification just vanish? I ask because I suspect some of the people being most vocal about not getting notifications are also those that have their IMs disabled.

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Thank you Lexie. I totally understand about not notifying "the crew" when a whole thread is pulled. I am glad to hear though that when a single post is pulled, the individual post's author is notified. (I suspect they don't need an explanation in most cases, but at least they need a heads-up.)

I know some folks have their IMs turned off. When someone has turned off their IMs, do your Mods send out email notifications instead, or does their notification just vanish? I ask because I suspect some of the people being most vocal about not getting notifications are also those that have their IMs disabled.

You make a good point here and are likely correct!  If the moderators see that a user has no PM available, they will notify me, so I can try to reach the resident with the info.  I cannot guarantee that a user has a valid email or gets all their IMs either.  So, it's possible a person won't get that notification.  I am in contact with Lithium for any updates that will help us resolve this issue.    

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.