How and where do I get gestures from that ask the other person "is it ok to animate your avatar?"

Georgina Mornington

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

You can buy gestures from many places, in fact many gestures;  so many that you will do better to just use the search enter "gestures" though, I got plenty from just traveling around; there are too many gestures and places to buy and/or otherwise acquire them, for me to list here..I hope this helps. :D BTW  if I have misunderstood the question in someway, please let me know and I apologize for it. See I am just two weeks old. I just seen no answer to your querie and wanted so much to help :P

• Like 1

It's not a gesture that does that.  Whenever a script wants to animate your avatar, it has to have permission.  Scripters have to build that step into the script or the animation fails.  If the script is in something that is sat on or worn, permission is granted automatically, so you are unaware of it.  For example, if you click a pose ball to sit down or attach a drinking glass to your hand, the script assumes that you did it on purpose and gave it permission to animate.  In all other situations, a script has to ask permission explicitly before it animates you.

So, if you really want the object to ask permission with a little dialog box, look for things that you have to touch or bump into or that use a scanning sensor to spot you.  A lot of those things (like huggers or dance chims) are custom scripted. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.