Nakisha13

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is Linden Lab planning on introducing a tighter mesh screen for our avatars in the near future? I think it would make the avatars body smoother looking. Looks to chiseled as it is. Just noticing how awful my tummy looked laying on a beach towel with my rib cage all sucked in and my skin with spikes and ridges. 

They expressed intrest in it if my memory serves me, but all new 'shinys' have been held up behind mesh like angry people trying to get past a rly fat dude in a hallway. Now that the Linden machine has taken it's giant mesh dump I think all the cool new stuff like Avatar 2.0 will be next.

DanielRavenNest Noe wrote:

As far as I know, no, they are not.  But people like me have started making replacement avatars with better geometry and UV mapping:

- with texturable toenails

Has anyone yet found a way to deal with the absolute immobility of a Mesh avatar's face and hands? Can the eyes or mouth move on them? Even my full-prim furry avatars have more expressive faces than I have seen possible so far with a mesh replacement for the avatar body.

If I was working for LL, I would argue strongly for an Avatar 2 with better distributed polygons and improved hands, wrists, ankles, feet... And don't let us forget the male mesh, with the shoulders and arms that's almost impossible to shape. The arm muscles look just hideous, like a lump. And the crotch area on both men and women, that distorts even the best textured pants as soon as you move just a bit. This avatar is outdated, after mesh is stabile, work on a new avatar, please, PLEASE LL!

original.jpeg 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.