What's the "radar"?

af41

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello guys and gals again.

I have just been told that viewers have a thing called RADAR. The person told me that with that radar she can actually look around and see what people are doing!

I myself have no interest is snooping other people's intimacy but I am just curious about it. And indeed to disable it so nobody can snoop at me. Not that I am up to anything naughty, but it's just an invation of privacy.

My viewer is Firestorm. Thank you.  :smileyhappy:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE REPLIES. YES INDEED WHAT I HAVE IS THE MINI MAP WITH THE GREEN DOTS, NAMES AND DISTANCES. MY QUESTION AROSE BECAUSE A FRIEND TOLD ME THAT I COULD ALSO (IF I WANTED TO) PEEP AT PEOPLE.

I NOW KNOW THAT IT DEPENDS ON THE VIEWER.

THANKS A LOT ONCE AGAIN.

2 answers to this question

Radar will show you the names and distances to you of avatars in your vicinity or even entire sim.

You'll have to use your cam to see what they're up to. You can probably disable your radar but not those belonging to others and there are so many third party radar and other spy gadgets on the market that you haven't a snowball's hope in hell of a private life in SL.

The only way to do that is buy a private island and don't let anyone on it except you.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.