Full Perm Item Question

Tristus Patton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ive been on SL for a long time, and still confused about some information. Im making a product to sell, that I want to include a Full Perm Texture that people can download and custom to upload, and use on the product that they purchased from me. Where Im having some confusion is, I know of a lot of people that take others products, and make their own textures like "mod kits" and sell them on their own. While Im no where close to someone that others may want to do this for, I dont really like the idea. I was wondering if I but some kinda user agreement or something in the form a note card explaining, "Hey I know you might want to custom your product, and here is what would help you do that mod, but its not youre to use to make a mod to sell" I know Ive seen these in other products, and Im not sure if I'd have any "rights" to something I provide as full perms. Again I know its kinda silly because if someone really wanted something they could get it, but I dont know, the product Im working on is all of my skills that Ive learned for the 5 years Ive been on SL. Anywho, long winded, thanks for any feed back.

LL does not enforce agreements between residents. They will do limited takedowns of stolen content when others put their name on your work, when you file a DMCA. But if someone decides to put your things up for sale with your name as creator, they will do nothing.

Pamela Galli wrote:

LL does not enforce agreements between residents. They will do limited takedowns of stolen content when others put their name on your work, when you file a DMCA. But if someone decides to put your things up for sale with your name as creator, they will do nothing.

I have a different experience. I had someone who used my full perms sculpty and texture in a creation by him that he had put for sale with full perms. I do allow resell of my merchandise but only with restricted permissions, reselling with full perms is not allowed. He did not change anything in my work, and my name was still on it as creator, and my logo was still on the sculpty map.

I filed a dmca for it, and LL took down the creation of this person, both in world and from his inventory.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.