Need help with Aventity Equine Avatar

Syo Emerald

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4672 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, hope to find help here from someone who maybe as this avatar too. I brought yesterday one of these avatars (a nice looking zebra with rainbowstripes and black fur), but I feel a little betrayed and helpless now. Its not an old avatar but it only uses Invisible prims in its legs and hooves. I searched for a solution and finally got some alpha layers that may can do the job instead of the prims. But now....another big problem rise I can't select the invisible prims no matter where I try to click them. I have always the whole leg.

Do anyone an idea how to catch this damn prims? It dosen't look like I'm gonna get help form the avatar maker.....send him an IM, but dosen't get any answer. Should I try a notecard or is it hopeless to get some help from the people who make the avatar? (to all who don't know why I don't want invisible prims, since I updated to viewer 2.8 I can't use them anymore)

Edit > Click the leg > Tick Edit Linked in the Edit panel > Click the invisi prim.

Join C H I M E R A group for modding avi questions (fab bunch and they know thier stuff). Also, from what I got told the other day LL we looking into fixing the Invisi Prims issue.  That was however by 5th person on the left I met ingame, so worth taking with a grain of salt ^^

I always clicked the leg in the past 3 hours and I also know where to find edit...but out of your description I can't see how to exactly just select the invisi prim. Like I said, I always have the whole leg and see no option to just get the prim selected.

Snapshot_051.png

like the previous poster said, once you selected the entire leg, you will see a check box "edit linked"  if you check that box, then you will be able to select individual items making up the leg, including the invisi prim.  Once you have the prim selected, you can click on the "Unlink" button, and delete it or do whatever it is you want to do with it

Now, I found it (was a little diffcult, cause I'm also using my native language viewer version). I was able to remove the texture from the prim and to set it full transperent. Hope that will look normal for everybody :)

Thank you all for the help, I'm now also member of the avatar modding group with was mentioned here.

Hello Syo! I'll repost this for you [i posted it on another similar thread]

Yes invisiprims are finito. I had to spend a week replacing the invisiprims with alpha layers for all my avvies, outfits, alts, etc. It's not as hard as it might seem.

1] Wear a copy of the relevant alpha layer.

2] Locate the invisiprim on your attachment.

3] Remove the invisiprim script.

4] Remove the invisiprim texture, set the texture to 'blank' and 100% transparency.

5] Resize the insiprim to 0.01 X 0.01 X 0.01

6] Voilá. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I have sent you 2 folders of alpha layers and textures that are useful for anthropomorphic avatars.

Note: Only remove invisiprims if they are not the root prim of your attachment.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4672 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.