OSX Lion - unable to start IMs

Pussycat Catnap

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-26677

Seems I can reply to IMs, but not initiate them. The 'button' to IM just blinks when clicked and does nothing. But the icons with profile pics at bottomright of screen will work to let me view and reply to IMs I get.

Anyone seen anything like this?

I've tried 2.8.1, 2.7.5, and Kirstens - so far.

Try the BETA viewr on this page.

If it doesn't work, create a Jira, or report back here and I will...

http://secondlife.com/support/downloads/

Note that NO current offical viewer officially support Lion.  That is why I suggest that people using Lion use one of the latest versions.  The current offical Beta is 3.x.  if anyone can test this bug there, that would be great.

(I don't have Lion yet 8-(

No success with 2.7.1 and no success with the 3.0 beta either.

1.23 does work and let me IM. And for one login into 2.8.1 after using 1.23 but not cleaning cache my 2.8.1 let me IM also - but only by holding down the IM button for many seconds and / or rapid clicking it several times (unsure which of those two worked).

Posted a JIRA link in my first post up top.

They may say to not yet upgrade to Lion - but if you get a new Mac, that's what you get. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have the ame exact issue.  Funny, I could have sworn LL v3 worked fine a few days ago.  But now, nope.  No tp, no friends/ groups.  Exactly what you have experienced.  The issue seems to be related to ANY viewer running 3.o based code.  (Firestorm Mesh Beta, Kirstens latest build, LL v3).

And it's not just one mac. it's across my Mac Pro, MacBook Pro that's only a year old, AND on a five year old MacBook Pro.  So it's a variety of systems/ gfx cards/ etc.

At least the 2.5 version of Firestorm still works.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.