Anyone with XS script experience?

shadow Tyne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

With the market down prices on everything rising I thought I'd try and script my own 'breedable' pets to dink around with. I did some research and found an open source XS script  that gives me the crates, food, breeding, brain, etc. etc. in different scripts. So I proceded to build my little pets, got them a working food bowl and apply the scripts. I figured out my UUID for the codes and kept the same names for the scripts for the brain which appears to link to the other scripts.All in all there are six scripts in the animal. One for Egg and egg cup (not sure where those should go, if the egg is in the egg cup or something) one for the food bowl, one for the crates.

Has anyone else had experience with these scripts? I've tinkered with scripting but I'm not very good, I'm not sure exactly where to plus in the variables and integers the scripts are wanting me to without getting errors. I'm sure it's just basic 'put this here' errors that I'm getting wrong, but a guiding hand is really needed.

I've also been told that the scripts wont run unless you have the pet rezzed from another object, but I get errors if I take the pet into the inventory to load it into another object. Or.. Uh.. How to get things to rezz from other objects. x.o; Any help is appreciated.

I've just taken a look at the scripts, which I found at http://www.free-lsl-scripts.com/freescripts.plx?ID=1601

According to the comments in the code, it's trying to stop people resetting the script to revive the pet after something's gone wrong and it's moved into state dead.    So I guess it's another way of doing, in state default, something like

state_entry()	{		if(!~llListFindList([llGetCreator(),llGetInventoryCreator(llGetScriptName())],[llGetOwner()])){			state dead;		}		else{			//do stuff to initialise script		}	}

I've only taken just a quick look at them, but it seems to me that none of them need anything changing other the first few lines, where you set passwords and channels and stuff.  

Whether they do actually work out of the box, I don't know, but they seem to be written so to do.

I see, that makes sense. I've left them alone for the most part, from what I've read you just have to plug in the variables. Like.. How long pregnancy lasts, how frequently they breed, when they can breed, how long does it take for them to get hungry, how long can they starve, and things like that. Sort of plug and play. I just don't know how to plug. xD

I think the brain was said to be the most complicated. I can understand what the script is wanting in general, but I can't give it directions. It's like the difference between reading music and writing it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.