Need help/info on bringing a sculpted prim of a pillar into SL. What program? Why is it spikey?

Dom Kingsley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I am simply trying to make a sculpted prim of a pillar (Roman architecture) so I can reduce the number of objects used to do so by regular SL building methods...

What program would be the best in order to do so? Blender... Maya... Curvy 3D... etc???

I've created the actual pillar using several different programs but the sculpt never transfers over to SL properly. I think this is because of the UV image (this happened with both Blender and Maya)...

Just looking for some help; any would be fantastic!

1 answer to this question

The best place to ask detailed questions about sculpties is in the Buliding & Texturing forum.  They will tell you that is doesn't make much difference which program you use, provided that it can make a valid UV map that SL recognizes as a sculpty.  Personally, I think the best program for doing that is Blender.  Get the JASS-2 package from http://blog.machinimatrix.org/jass/.  It includes Blender, Python, and the plugin  that makes it VERY easy to create and export sculpty UV maps to SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.