I must become a Premium Member to put my Payment Informations in my Account ?

CartoonIsland

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

You can have payment info in your account as well as having payment info USED (you bought some lindens) in your account without being a Premium member. They do not "necessarily" go together :D.

I have lots of friends who have payment info used (and I have payment info on file) and none of us are premium members.

No you do not need to be Premium.

If you are a US resident you can simply add payment infor to your account & your profile will say "Payment Info on File".

If you are outside of the US you need to use the info, so you can buy the minimum amount of L$ on Lindex to get the info on there and your profile will say "Payment Info Used"

Having payment info on file does NOT require buying a Premium membership.

To get the payment info to show in-world, you need to make some sort of a purchase from Linden Lab ($2.50 USD worth of L$ will suffice), or contact billing support and get them to manually bump the info so it shows up in-world (Much harder to do, if you aren't a Premium member). 

Buying a Premium membership is a purchase from Linden Lab, and so also will get your payment info to show in-world, but it certainly is not a requirement.

This has been a known glitch for years, that paytment info entered and accepted on the website doesn't show in-world until you buy something, and LL has never bothered to fix it. Just buy a few dollars worth of L$, and you'll be fine to travel to Adult regions, and do all the other things allowed for "Payment info used" accounts.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.