Black prims with the latest SL Viewer2

Sahraa Shelman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings everybody,

I downloaded the newst SL Viewer 2.8 and logged in with it and every prim is pitch black. I do not see any texture on  prims, textures on land and cloth looks ok but not on prims.

I played with graphic settings and found out that disabling of shadders bring back the textures, but than SL looks ugly.

I m using a Acer Aspire 7745 g with Intel I5, 4 GB memory and  ATI 5850 1024 MB with the latest graphic driver for the notebook, orginal ATI drivers do not work cos of the hybrid graphic of the notebook.

Firestorm viewer works but I would like to use the new mesh thingy.

Thank you for your help

Sha

Playing with VBO does not work, the prims stay black :-( 

I installed the driver from Acer for my Notebook, the ATI mobility raedon drivers do not work on the Aspire notebooks cos of the switchable graphic.

Other pc games like World of Warcraft, Age of Conan and so on works fine and I have 40+ FPS even in high or ultra res.

Is it a problem the lindens are working on or do we have to live with this grappy code ?

Thank you for your help

This is one of the major bugs in LL v2.8. Seems they're in such a rush to get mesh rolled out that they're breaking all kinds of things in each new release of their viewer.

According to this bug report the Lindens are working on a fix and it should be available soon. In the meantime your best bet is to use a non-LL viewer like Firestorm.

Textures are still really hosed and displaying incorrectly.  Prims with alpha textures don't become completely invisible with the fix mentioned, but the textures are not applied to the correct surfaces.  They seem to apply to all surfaces on a linked set at once.

• 5 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.