URGENT: So a bot just took my land, he's now sat on top of my building, help?!

Lucas Zurivost

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Basically, needed to transfer a portian of land from one group to another, thought that buy for group would be quicker, but before i could click the button, it said error and I found a bot had taken my land and had placed himself on top of my building, what do I do, I need my land back asap and Live chat is offline till 8am PST, what can I do?

Thanks in advance!

4 answers to this question

There is not much you can do now
The land has got a new owner
What you can do to prevent this from happening in the future is

1. set the land for sale to a specific person, not for anybody to buy
  2. set the price high, bots are triggered by low prices

You can try to convince the new owner that it was a mistake and you are ready to buy the land back

Painful lesson for you and I agree with Dora's assessment.  Send the buyer a polite notecard detailing the events and request that you purchase the land back (at the cost it was 'sold').  Hopefully, the buyer will be charitable and understand your circumstance.

There is really nothing Live Chat can do for you as it was a legal land sale.  Good luck.

Never ever ever ever set land for sale for 1L to "Anyone", it even gives you a warning when you do it, asking you to confirm that you really want to do that, so you are now bound by that agreement. The new owner has no obligation to give your land back, but maybe he/she will take pity on you if you ask nicely.

The chances are that it has been bought by a land dealer who with put it back up for sale anyway, so you can just buy it back when they do.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.