why do i craSH AT EVERY SIM CROSSING

Roger Tapioca

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

when flying from one sim to another the sim 8im entering does not indicate  to me that i hyave entered that sim and i lose control of my avatar and it eventually crashes. This happens on every sim crossing. why?

Sorry after reading the answer submitted by someone i guess i didnt make it clear the header at the top of the page that reports your position has me located in one sim while in fact  my avatar is in the next sim already and running away

excellant answer about to many scripts however  i am running one script and  carring no attatchments i am flying for one sim of open water to another sim of open water. it is linden land and has nothing bu8ilt on it and runs no scripts. it was working perfectly until wednesday august 2 2011 when it started doing this and has been doing it ever since.

4 answers to this question

You may carrying way too much baggage with you. When you cross a sim boundary, the servers you are leaving behind have to tell the servers you are headed toward all about you.  If you are carrying a lot of scripts and physical objects (a vehicle?), there can be too much for the servers to handle for a short time, so you "rubber band" across the boundary or you sink into the ground and walk aimlessly into oblivion.  If you're lucky, the servers get their act together and figure out where you are.  If not, you crash.  Sometimes there's nothing you can do to help.  Busy sims -- lots of people, lots of scripts, lots of textures -- already put stress on the servers, so it doesn't take much to make everyone trip when they cross the boundary.  Other times, you can improve your life by simply leaving a lot of unnecessary baggage at home.

• Like 1

Roger Tapioca wrote:

Sorry after reading the answer submitted by someone i guess i didnt make it clear the header at the top of the page that reports your position has me located in one sim while in fact  my avatar is in the next sim already and running away

That's exactly what you would expect if the servers in the old sim still think you are THERE and the ones in the new sim haven't yet learned that you have crossed the boundary.  They don't know for sure where you are and you are in limbo until  they figure it out..

you crash for the reasons already stated, to many scripts and prims.  Try removing your scripted items, including shoes and hair.  Hair can have over 200 prims and all may be scripted.  With 200 prim hair plus up to 200 prims for your vehicle attachments (if you have any wearables) your carting 500 prims of scripted items over the simlines.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.