SL update pretty much ruined my sl

keviprincess246

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i have a bad internet connection, so sl crashes alot for me, which is expected. icrashed and tried to log back in when my connection perked up and sl made me install the new update. suddenly all these errors and plug-ins cane install and i'm not sure what to do. the updaate wont install SL completely at all so everytime i try logging in it forces me to install again and i go through the same issue. what do i do to stop this madness?!?!

keviprincess246 wrote:

i have a bad internet connection, so sl crashes alot for me, which is expected. i
crashed
and
tried to log back in
when my connection perked up and sl made me
install the new update
. suddenly all these
errors
and plug-ins
cane install
and i'm not sure what to do. the
updaate wont install SL completely at all
so everytime i try logging in it forces me to install again and i go through the same issue. what do i do to stop this madness?!?!

REBOOT YOUR COMPUTER.

Your application crashed, and has improperly left some dlls or other services flagged as "in use". (quicktime for example?). These files cannot be overwritten, because the system thinks they are currently being used. Rebooting your computer should reset this issue. Then once your computer is back online, DON'T launch SL, instead, visit http://get.secondlife.com and download the latest full installer, and run that.

What do you mean by a bad internet connection? 

Also, LL V2 has been rendered useless to my older computer for the last two days and since the OP says he has a bad internet connection, my opinion is the OP should go with Firestorm.

LL V2 just keeps getting worse, not better.  Firestorm is the way to go until some of these bugs get worked out with LL V2, imo. 

Mayalily wrote:

What do you mean by a bad internet connection? 

Also, LL V2 has been rendered useless to my older computer for the last two days and since the OP says he has a bad internet connection, my opinion is the OP should go with Firestorm.

LL V2 just keeps getting worse, not better.  Firestorm is the way to go until some of these bugs get worked out with LL V2, imo. 

Bad Connection normally means either a slow one or a unstable one. And quite honestly, a bad connection stays a bad connection no matter what viewer you use!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.