Higher Animation Offset on Attach Script?

Mhyja Questi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi I'm basically creating an "attachable vehicle" (instead of the conventional "Sit on vehicle") which needs to be high above the ground at approximately 17 m.   I use an animate/pose on attach script so that it will have me levitate. I used the Qavimator to use the Z offset and the highest it will take my AV is 4.5 m by default.  5.7 m at best if I tweak the BVH file.

I was wondering if there were methods, scripts, or anything that would help me get off the ground 17 m or above?

Since the idea is to put the script in an attachment, I don't see the fact that llSetHoverHeight and llGroundRepel only work on physical objects as being a problem -- avatars are physical, after all (or we wouldn't be able to move) and llMoveToTarget works perfectly well in attachments, so I don't see why the others wouldn't.

I think the bigger problem with llSetHoverHeight and llGroundRepel is that, while they  may well work OK at ground level, they calculate their distance from the sim's ground level and they're not going to know if you're on a platform of any kind.

Once I had to solve this problem with rubber rings for floating round in pools, and ended up solving it by mounting the rings on invisible prims of an appropriate height and sitting on them and driving them round like simple vehicles, but that's not going to work on attachments.   I guess you could take the vertical offset from where your feet are when you attach the object and then use llMoveToTarget and control events -- that might be a way to proceed.   

Rolig Loon wrote:

Hmmmm..
llStopHover
does what it says ... stops hovering.  The OP wants to
start
hovering.  Unfortunately, the alternatives are
llSetHoverHeight
and
llGroundRepel
, both of which only work on physical objects.

The article has a great example script for both llSetHoverHeight and llStopHover. Depending on what the OP is trying to build, this might even eliminate the need for an additonal vehicle script.

Rolig Loon wrote:

Hmmmm..
llStopHover
does what it says ... stops hovering.  The OP wants to
start
hovering.  Unfortunately, the alternatives are
llSetHoverHeight
and
llGroundRepel
, both of which only work on physical objects.

The reason I posted THAT url is because it has an example of llSetHoverHeight and the script has this description at the top:-

// Put in an attached prim and touch to start floating in air without flying.

// Touch again to drop to the ground.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.