May need some consideration for Second Life.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I started Second Life about 3 months ago I think and I haven't been back on until now. Now I know why I left. The graphics and speed is so slowly to where if I typed something then it would be about 1 sec. off. I was wondering if there could be an option for resolution change and stuff so the member won't have to buy a new graphics card just to play this. I would like to keep being on here but I can't stand the lag and low graphics scenes.

Run in a smaller window.

Also, go into Me / Preferences / Graphics, make sure Advanced is selected so you can customize the settings, and cut the Draw distance down to half whatever it was.

While you're there, click the Hardware tab and make very sure that Anisotropic Filtering is turned off and Antialiasing is disabled.

You can play with lots of other graphics preferences, too.  In general, prettier is slower.  (You may even decide that Antialiasing is worth it to you, but personally I find the jaggies preferable to the smearies and would actually give up performance to turn antialiasing off, so I'm lucky it's actually faster with it off.)

If none of this makes any difference, then it's probably not really a graphics performance problem in the first place, but rather a network bandwidth problem... which is one place that Second Life necessarily differs from other applications that may seem superficially comparable.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.