Marketplace Release Notes: August 2, 2011

Brooke Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

Today we released merchant admin support for mesh on the Marketplace. Those of you following this forum may have seen the plan for mesh support on Marketplace. The first step of this support will be allowing mesh-enabled Merchants to mark an object as partially or entirely composed of mesh. As the mesh rollout is still in progress, and not all regions support mesh, customers buying mesh items may not be able to use them.  Therefore we recommend that Merchants do NOT activate mesh listings until the entire grid supports mesh.

Some of you have commented in the forums that you have missed the weekly release notes. As we have been focused on Direct Delivery, we have not needed to deploy any Marketplace updates in the past couple of months--thus, no forum posts. Once we get closer to the Direct Delivery rollout, expect to see more details here.

Please let us know if you see any issues related to this release, or any other thoughts you may have.

Brooke

Would it be possible to have a new permission option called 'user license'?

People still seem to think that it is allowed to resell full permission items as full permission items, despite the terms of use of the original creator state different. Marking the item not as a 'full perms' item, but as a 'user licensed' item might help to avoid this confusion.

Madeliefste Oh wrote:

Would it be possible to have a new permission option called 'user license'?

People still seem to think that it is allowed to resell full permission items as full permission items, despite the terms of use of the original creator state different. Marking the item not as a 'full perms' item, but as a 'user licensed' item might help to avoid this confusion.

Agree. Most people think they have the right to do whatever they want with full perm items, so this option would be nice ^^

Brooke Linden wrote:

Hi all,

Please let us know if you see any issues related to this release, or any other thoughts you may have.

Brooke

Reports still cannot be sorted and some critical reports cannot be downloaded as CSV files. Sorting a report by item or Customer inside the Merchant management windows really is critical when troubleshooting failed deliveries.

My Featured listing reports have many blank pages, some pages have 2 listings, some 5, some have none.. and again no sorting by expiration date, etc etc..

How about a Release note on this subject?

:)

Sometimes it happens to people that their account is put on hold by LL when LL thinks there is something suspecious going on. In many cases I have heard of the account is available again within a week or two, when the holder of the account was not involved in anything bad. 

So even when  you are always playing by the rules and never do anything against TOS your account can be put on hold.

Now my question is: what will happen to your merchandise that is delivered by DD when your account is put on hold?

I suppose it is not possible to sell anything anymore in the marketplace. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.