What I wrong? Every time I touch my mouse the viewer stops responding.

Charley Oval

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

With the new update, when I log on. Every time I touch my mouse the viewer stops responding. My system meets or surpasses all your requirements, but all I get is problems. I've changed my preferences to the lowest settings and it still gives me problems. The way the viewer is operating I can't do nothing on the game. I'm not going to pay good money for something that doesn't work. Your viewer is the one I have the most problems with, some of the third party viewers work better, I don't have need as many problems with them. To me that is stupid when third party viewers work better the the company's own viewer. Attached is the stats of my system and viewer.

Second Life 2.8.0 (236429) Jul 21 2011 13:12:25 (Second Life Release)

Release Notes

You are at 307,325.0, 236,023.0, 48.1 in Piccolo located at sim7882.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.36.121:13000)

Second Life RC Magnum 11.07.26.236927

Release Notes

CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ (2611.88 MHz)

Memory: 3582 MB

OS Version: Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit Service Pack 2 (Build 6002)

Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

Graphics Card: GeForce 9800 GT/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.17.0012.7533

OpenGL Version: 3.3.0

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1

J2C Decoder Version: KDU v6.4.1

Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000

Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)

Voice Server Version: Not Connected

Built with MSVC version 1600

Packets Lost: 142/249,333 (0.1%)

2 answers to this question

As you have discovered, there have been many bugs in recent upgrades of LL's V2 viewer.  If you are having better luck with a Third Party Viewer, then I'd say go with it, by all means.  The Firestorm viewer is proving to be very stable for most people, for example, and they have a responsive amd helpful support team.  If you like the V2 user interface, you'll find Firestorms' default screen familiar.  If not, you can easily customize it to look much like the classic V1 interface.  There are many other TPV alternatives (http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory) and you can always go back and try earlier versions of V2, if they worked better for you (http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Category:Release_Notes).  Just remember, if you install an older V2 version, to go to Preferences >> Setup and UNcheck the box that enables automatic upgrades.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4680 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.