Whats going on with SEARCH THIS TIME? *sighs*

marky Bu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Have any of you noticed that the "Best selling" category has been modified in the worst way possible? You will find a whole lot more freebies on the first couple pages than you did before. Have a look for yourself and then let me know what you think is going on.

That would explain it. 

There's been a an upturn in badly selling items in my case.

The irony is that these sales will contribute the the sales statistics and alter the total ranking, so even when they fix this thing, the data will be spurious.

I suspect this was an intentional short-term act intended to create exactly this result, as a way fo destagnating sales related to "best selling" rank.

I have no idea what kind of monkey juice the search order works on.

If I go to view my store and try any filter, the results never make any kind of uniform sense.  Case in point, today a product that has never sold a single item is on the first page of my store when the store order is filtered by best selling.  A couple of my best sellers are on the last page.  By the same token items with no sales are also on the last page and some of the results on the first page are indeed best sellers (the highest selling item made it to the front page for instance but the second highest selling item is on the last page).

There appears to be little to no sense to the results.

They should just rename all the filter options "pot luck".

An advanced search option seems to be something LL just can't create and as such we have this "thing" they call a search engine.  My feeling is that they are always tweaking the search algorithm weights to see which works better and when they come up with something that works, employees who need to justify their jobs, tweaks it again and here we go, the constant spiral.

This is purely speculation and I hope not the case but one would tend to feel this way.

I too have noticed things I rarely sell, now selling and things that used to sell well in Mp don't.  Good thing I don't rely on MP sales and my store is where I do well.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.