Legacy UI for V2

Tanya Wibault

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3954 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've metioned this in another thread but now I'll just ask it outright, is anyone working on a legacy UI for the Viewer 2? Is it even possible, or are we stuck with the new UI wether we want it or not?

I understand that all the new features require a new viewer but things like Mesh and Alpha layers and whatever new additions to the game don't have any effect on how the UI looks. I like my chat box... I like having my screen free from some big bulky sidebar. I hate being asked every time I change sims or just walk from one parcel to the next if I want to hear the music stream there! there is a lot of very annoying things in the new viewer, it would be nice if we could have the new features and keep our old UI.

I personally like the V2 interface better, but Firestorm will let you have a pie menu.  Firestorm even turns the silly pie menu on by default.  Firestorm is trailing V2 by several releases; so, you won't get mesh capability as soon in Firestorm, but it beats those Viewer1 based systems anyday (unless you have a really old computer).

Im pretty annoyed also that they blocked the last working browser version 2-6-9-231165 that would work on my machine. None of the new ones work. Or even install correctly for that matter. After all the money I pumped into LL over the years and I cant even use their software now.  Way to go LL.

HashPipe Uggla wrote:

Im pretty annoyed also that they blocked the last working browser version 2-6-9-231165 that would work on my machine. None of the new ones work. Or even install correctly for that matter. After all the money I pumped into LL over the years and I cant even use their software now.  Way to go LL.

Blocked ? I can still log in with V 2.4.0 if i want to. Just make sure you disable automatic updates and you should be fine :)

HashPipe Uggla wrote:

Viewer 2.6.9.231165 is NOT blocked.  I just downloaded it from https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Release/2.6.9 and went inworld using it.

As Tristizia says just ensure you change your software update settings to 'Download install updates manually' in Preferences before trying to log in.

• 2 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3954 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.