How do you find the RGB Values of skin?

Spring Moonites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

Well, I suppose one way you could do it is to take a snapshot, open it in an image editing program, and use whatever tool that program uses to determine them. [Paint Shop Pro, which is what I use, displayes the RGB values of whatever I mouse over with the dropper tool. Other programs, like PSP and Gimp, may or may not work the same way.]

There are also standalone tools like Instant Eyedropper. That's all it does.

There is a menu command - on the Develop menu (?) - which will show the RGB values under the cursor when enabled. You can potentially use this to get the values for your skin, but in my experience it might give the correct values, but they will not appear correct when used on objects in world. Your best bet, as the others have pointed out, is to get a screenshot and find the values in Photoshop/Gimp/Pixelmator or a similar program.

You could also try to contact the creator of the skin to see if they want to provide the values to you.

- Luc -

Unfortunately, there is no single RGB value that will work all the time.  The color of your skin varies from one time of day to another.  It also varies depending on the angle and color of any lights that are striking it. AND all skins are shaded, so that your body doesn't look like a flat surface.  If you want to see how difficult it will be to even get close, go to your Develop menu (CTRL + Alt + Q) and open Show Info >> Show Color Under Cursor. (That's where it is in LL's V2 viewer. The same feature is in all viewers, but you may need to look elsewhere in the Advanced or Develop menu to find it.)  The RGB numbers will be displayed inthe extreme lower right corner of your screen.  You'll see that it is very hard to get the numbers to stay constant, or even close, as you move the cursor over your skin.  If you change the time of day (use your World >> Sun menu), you'll get radically different numbers.

Griffin Ceawlin recommended ** Instant Eyedropper ** to get RGB Values etc ;do NOT download this app - Instant Eyedropper contains a Trojan Virus and luckily

my Norton caught it IMMEDIATELY and removed the threat . Anyone with security or virus protection should see this instantly on download attempt.

Thank you .

Have you never heard of a "false positive"?

Did you get it from the link I posted or from elsewhere? I never got an alert when I was using Norton's (up until this year) and BitDefender does not detect an issue now (installed Instant Eyedropper fresh today to test it), nor does Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.