Crashes at initializing VFS

MelMel Moonwing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Everytime I try to start Second Life it crashes at initializing VFS or something and people say to go to the appdata thing and I tried that I tried reinstalling it and I tried deleting it entirely from my computer and installing it I tried installing all different versions of Second Life and it still does the exact same thing and I have tried clearing cache thing I have played sl before PLEASE HELP I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING!!!

4 answers to this question

I am also having the same problem,  I was playing it perfectly fine then the other day.  I also deleted, rebooted, reinstalled, cleared.  I even did a can you run it, and it passed.

Card info

Intel® HD Graphics core i3 - Internal

System info

HP G62 Notebook

Intel® Core i3

CPU M330 @

2.13 GHz

64-bit

Sending to server is the last mess I get after the VFS and it crashes.  Grrr not sure what I did different with the computer but kinda driving me crazy.  Help Pls.

Try clearing your cache manually, go to:

(XP) - C: - Documents and Settings - (USER NAME) - AppData - SecondLife
(Vista) - C: - Users - (USER NAME) - AppData - Local - SecondLife
(Win 7) - C: - Users - (USER NAME) - AppData - Roaming - SecondLife and Local - SecondLife

Rename the folder Secondlife2 (or delete it) and then restart your computer.

NOTE: You may need to go to Windows Tools > Folder Options > View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders, in order to see AppData folder.

After your reboot, change your start location on login to Smith and when you get in just stay there under the water until your inventory has fully reloaded. You can open your inventory and type in the inventory search bar to prompt loading, but do not do anything else until it is done.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.