i haven't been able to log into sl for months.

smallfry2303

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3965 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i have tried to log into sl for months but it always gives me the same exact message. 

"Login Failed.

We are unable to complete your request at this time.

Please contact Second Life support for assistance at

http://secondlife.com/support

If you are unale to change your password, please call (866) 476-9763"

well i don't want to change my password i just want to log in. It doesnt make any sense to me. I have tried a lot of solutions and they didn't work. I can't even log in on the site so i had to make a new account to post this answer.. does any body know whats going on? 

4 answers to this question

Sounds like you need to reset your password, why not call the number, it's free.

If you can not log in to SL or the website then obviously there is something wrong with your login credentials, which are your name and password. It may have been that you or someone else tried logging in incorrectly too many times or something. That's how most sites work. 

If you really really don't want to call them, make sure your caps lock is off and that you are using the right password for the right user name.

When Linden Lab says you should change your password, it means they have a reason.......usually that there's some indication that your account has been breached.  You should, at least, call the number provided.  And a wise user of a computer connected to the Internet would be more than willing to do anything to help keep their computer and personal information secure.

But, you can do what you want.  It's your computer, your personal information that is possibly at risk.........not mine.

That message really has nothing to do with passwords. It means your account is on hold for some reason or other and Linden Lab want to talk to you. You need to contact the number or submit a ticket to push the process further and see what it's all about. Until you do, you won't be able to login. If you phone the number, you'll probably just be told to send in a ticket but you may get an inkling why it's on hold.

I suggest you do not log in to the website but submit a ticket as a guest. You can refer to the held avatar account in your ticket and provide an email address for LL to respond to. 

I had that problem sometimes, try resetting your whole computer & saving files you dont want lost off of your computer such as pictures on a disk or flash drive. Then reset your computer re-download Second Life & see if it works better. It has for me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3965 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.