weirdness with Daz Studio 4.0

Vixxie Vultee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i'm basically a newb when it comes to making poses/animations, but..

i downloaded the most recent Daz Studio, version labeled as 4.0.0.335 and uh, yeah.. when i load second life's avatar cr2 and obj files into Daz, this is what i get..

dazweird.png

i don't see the full avatar, and i can't move the body parts that have disappeared.

anyone know why this happened?  :/

Hello Cerise i have DAZ 4.0.0.339, and create a folder 'Scene' in 'My Library' and copied SL-Male.daz into this Scene folder, if i open the file i get an Error 'one or more files could not be found while loading....' here a part of the logfile: *** Scene Cleared *** Opening file SL-Male.daz... Unable to find file for storable: data/4_0/SL_Male_4010/SL_Male_4010_0/SL_Male_4010_0/SLMale.dso Unable to find file for storable: data/4_0/SL_Male_4010/hip_154/hip_154/SLMale.dso Unable to find file for storable: data/4_0/SL_Male_4010/abdomen_175/abdomen_175/SLMale.dso... im new with DAZ, can you please tell what i am doing wrong ?

Ayako Kaligawa wrote:

Hello Cerise i have DAZ 4.0.0.339, and create a folder 'Scene' in 'My Library' and copied SL-Male.daz into this Scene folder, if i open the file i get an Error 'one or more files could not be found while loading....' here a part of the logfile: *** Scene Cleared *** Opening file SL-Male.daz... Unable to find file for storable: data/4_0/SL_Male_4010/SL_Male_4010_0/SL_Male_4010_0/SLMale.dso Unable to find file for storable: data/4_0/SL_Male_4010/hip_154/hip_154/SLMale.dso Unable to find file for storable: data/4_0/SL_Male_4010/abdomen_175/abdomen_175/SLMale.dso... im new with DAZ, can you please tell what i am doing wrong ?

That looks like yet another DAZ bug, I saw it with an .obj import on another file when looking at ths bug.

Today is busy but I have an older verison of DAZ 3D on another computer. I will make the conversion in that tonight, let's wait until those are up and try, OK?

Until then, it shoulod not be becessary to move the daz files to any special folder, just unzip them. Make a new scene in DAZ, then use Merge to pull in the SL characters. If you still get those werird error messages, hang on until tonight.  ... :o

Hi, please try to import these and let me know how it works out -- https://sites.google.com/site/cerisesorbet/slavatar

I am not a regular DAZ user, and have learned the hard way that saving from DAZ does not include all the converted assets. The files I uploaded this time are Poser ones that should be DAZ 4 compatible, and avoid that missing asset trouble. fingers, toes and eyes crossed.... :o

To use these, use Import and not Open.

if i import, DAZ is missing the ".obj-files" for Male or Female, so i copied the original SL Avatar Folder into runtime/libraries/character and..VOILA....import works without any complains from DAZ :)

im not sure if i can work with, im too tired to test it now, but i can take the Male by the hand and pull him over the screen :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks A LOT, Cerise :matte-motes-kiss::matte-motes-kiss:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, i have now a problem with export animations for SL with DAZ, if i move the Hip with translation.

example: Translation X=0 to X=20 looks in SL like X=0 to X=40, twice of the DAZ distance

i read older Threats from 2006 about this problem but dont found a Solution, the links to plugins are dead.

i use the BVH-Exporter with checked 'for Second Life', im a Newbie with DAZ, did i miss something or is this problem still not solved, anybody can help me, please ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.