Avatar is not rendering, log in states clothing still downloading

Fraya Felisimo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok, here is a wierd one.  I have been in world a long time and really never had this problem.  I have a couple AV alts I have tried and all render on different viewers in a second.  I have a fast internet connection and a decent modern computer.  One of my AV's is not rendering, just stays a cloud for ever on all viewers and show up as a cloud to my alts.  Did SL eat my AV?   I tried to render a new body for it and it wont let me till the current AV downloads?  Something weird is going on with this account?  Any thoughts or help would be appreciated greatly!

It's fairly common for your clothing not to load.  Usually it only takes a few minutes but sometimes it won't load no matter how long you wait.  It's a cache problem that can occur almost anytime but more often for users who have multiple avatars and multiple viewers.  The "quick fix" (I say quick fix in jist........it can take a while) is to log the avatar that is experiencing this problem and clear your cache then log back out and wait a minute before you log back in with the same avatar.  Before you hit the "Log in" button, on the "Location" box type in one of these sims.......Pooley, Smith, or Aqua.  Log in and whn you do you'll be in an underwater sim that is maintained by LL.  There are no scripts running, there are no builds and very few textures in the sim.  Simply take a couple steps away from the landing point so other people arriving don't land on your head.  Open your inventory and if your inventory is not loading type slowly in the search box the letters "a", "b", "c".......until it gets started.  Then just wait.  Do nothing.  Don't run any animations (I don't think they will work anyway).  Don't try to change clothes, skin, shapes or even chat or IM.  Just wait (that's the part that can take a while).  Once your inventory has completed (the items fetched counter stops for good.....it will probably start and stop several times before it's done) you can then TP back home.  Your inventory including your clothes should now be available and you also should be unghosted if you were that mist cloud.  Sometimes it's a good idea to log off and back on but I don't think it's necessary myself.

If that works then I'm going to suggest that you log on each of your avatars one at a time, clear that avatar's cache but before you log off move that cache to a different location.  I personally would go through the whole process of clearing the cache for all my avatars on each and every one of the viewers I use..........that can be quite time comsuming if you have numerous avatars and several viewers.  Or you can wait for it to happen then move the cache.  The problem is that caches sometimes get mixed between your accounts and the multiple viewers make it even more likely the caches will corrupt each other.

Hi there Freya,

the same thing has just happened to me. It seems to have happened since the major problems with inventory earlier in the week. Thanks to the advice of my friends, I tried the following and it worked:

• Find a quiet sandbox or very low lag area
  • take off EVERYTHING, 
  • replace your current skin (either with another bought one, or the one you were 'born' with)  if it makes your avatar re-appear from the white, amorphous 'blob', you can go back to the skin you were wearing again..

It all sorted itself out for me at this point.. and I could continue to dress.

before that though I tried everything else people suggested, with no result.. so I hope you get your problem sorted.

Denby :)

I find that before you even clear your cache that sometimes it is a very simple fix. This really works and I find that mostly  everyone who follows this tends to have their avatars render normally.  If you look in your worn items, you might find out that you are not wearing a bald base. Go into your inventory and find a bald base, it does not matter if it is male or female just bald.  Wear it and you might find this is enough to do the trick. Then, I would go and clear my cache anyway  since I take this as a cue that there is some cleaning up that needs to take place. I hope this helps you.

I think I posted this again somewhere.

This problem caused when we trying different viewers (this is what V.2 do to us recently in search of good alternate viewer).

Log on and make a cache clearance (Preference -> Network). Dont use another viewer for a while, get in again and load the test avatar through advance options (Ctrl - D).

Then you can wear your favor skin and clothes again :)

after that  you can use Phoenix - Hippo or any other viewer again.

If you stay with the same viewer this problem it will dissapear tho

• 1 year later...

FINALLY  i tried everything to stop being a cloud....rebake, character test..flying...reloging....removing everything....changing viewers....re downloading the viewers...waited three days...

and what worked is replacing the outfit.  Thank you for the Tip,  that was frustrating

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.