Locked textures in modifiable prims?? How?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all, i got a question and i'm really curious to see if anybody will be able to explain this to me.

I have come across many items made of prims (such as hair, skirts etc.), that are actually modifiable - meaning that you can edit size ad position, and also edit linked parts of the item, but the textures can not be modified. On the texture tab, where you normally see the texture- and color-picker, there's a blue symbol with a padlock on it, showing that texture and color are locked.

I tried everything, but i couldn't manage  to make my prim items like this. Personally i find this perfect for prim clothes - where you might make, for example, a certain skirt or something in different colors, and you probably don't want your clients to just buy the white one and recolor it to 20 colors - but you want them to buy the damn fatpack ;) lol

Hope you can clear this up for me :) Thanks!

Greetings, Bombo 

the items are moddable in the common sense - meaning that it was stretchable with the normal editing tool, i could also tick the box to "edit linked parts" and move or rotate single parts of the items, while in a no-mod item also this would not be possible. The only thing that's not possible is to change texture and color. This has been seen mainly in hair, but also in some other things, like skirts, accessories, jewelry. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.