Wanted: Large Wallpaper

Mayalily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if I can buy a large wallpaper to block off a part of a wall?  I tried putting a large painting there, but unfortunately the painting stretched horizontally just fine, but vertically no as the top half went through the roof.  So, I was wondering if there is wallpaper I could buy that would stretch to block out parts, such as a wall, I don't need or want?  See I want to cover the kitchen cabinets as I don't need the kitchen part (don't want to be reminded to doing dishes) and also to block out a few windows, as I have like 10-12 windows already.  

I know I could put a curtain and stretch it across, but I was hoping that perhaps there is some kind of wallpaper wherein I could do this to disguise a part of a home I do not need, such as the wall with the kitchen cupboards and also one wall where I don't want the windows?    Anything like that... stretch to fit wallpaper?  I need something feminine and/or Victorian (not too flowery tho, subtle I need). 

We need a decorating part of the forum.. hehehehe

Look on the Marketplace, you find it on the top here under "Shopping". Then type in Victorian as keyword and you wil get several 1000 hits. Then you need to narrow it down, on the left you first choose Building components - Textures - Interior wall textures.

Then you are left with only textures I hope. Look for "Seamless" in the description, then you should be able to fit it to the wall. You will sometimes need to repeat the texture several times if the wall is large, then you really need a seamless texture. 

Hi Marianne, Yes I found some, but it didn't look right, so I just put a curtain there for now.  What happened when I tried to stretch the textures, the flowers that were small and delicate, got too large when I stretched it.

I'll try brainstorming again about this tomorrow, or else I'll keep the kitchen, not sure yet.  The rest of the house is coming along.  I got a lot done today!  yay

But now I know what builders go thru; those little textures are hard to work with, or else I don't know how to use them yet.  Not sure I want to either; very time consuming I'd think. 

What you can try to do is up the number of repeats of the wallpaper. 

To do this select the wall and edit, click the "select texture" radio button and touch the wall you want to fix then go to the "texture" tab and play around with horizontal and vertical repeats per face fields until you have something you can live with.  It may not work depending on the shape ratio of the original texture and whether or not it was designed to tile (have mulitple seamless repeats on the same face) but it should give you something better than you've currently got.

I hope that makes sense and good luck :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.