How to spin a child prim from a script in the root

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thank you both for your replies.

You say "soon" - are we talking about days, weeks or months, do you think?

What percentage of sims are running Blue Steel or better now?

How do I tell if my home sim is running Blue Steel? I have an old Cool Viewer on my old PowerMac dual G5 (very fast machine still !)

ty

When functions are tested on the Release Candidate channels of the main grid that normally means they're pretty close to being rolled out generally.   Quite how close depends on how a lot of things turn out, but it should be weeks rather than months under normal circumstances.

It might be an idea to ask in the Second Life Server forum and maybe join the (open enrollment) Second Life Beta group in world.   If you're a member of the Beta group you can go and play with the new functions in a Release Candidate sandbox on the main grid, which is often more convenient than trying to find somewhere on the Release Candidate channel in which you are interested.

Yes, as Darkie says, it moves things through the desired rotation once.   So I guess it would be good for an actual "lazy Susan," but if you want to make stuff rotate continuously, llTargetOmega is a lot less resource-intensive than calling llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast several times a second (to achieve smooth movement) on a non-stop timer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.