LINDEN LABS NOW CHARGING TO ADD AN IMAGE TO SAVED CLOTHING!

Corbyn Weymann

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have recently noticed that Linden labs are now charging 10Ls to add an image to clothing saved in our inventories.  This used to be free with the photo only being available to add as an image to show the clothing in in that folder.  These are the folders reached by clicking ctrl+o. This is a sneaky thing to do.  I understand we get charged for normal images of places we visit taken using the camera, but why have these images now become a revenue stream for Linden?

I would welcome one of the Lindens to explain this change.

Corbyn

3 answers to this question

7 hours ago, Corbyn Weymann said:

I have recently noticed that Linden labs are now charging 10Ls to add an image to clothing saved in our inventories.  This used to be free with the photo only being available to add as an image to show the clothing in in that folder.  These are the folders reached by clicking ctrl+o. This is a sneaky thing to do.  I understand we get charged for normal images of places we visit taken using the camera, but why have these images now become a revenue stream for Linden?

I would welcome one of the Lindens to explain this change.

Corbyn

I just tried it in both viewers and did not get charged.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

They used to charge for Outfit pictures, too which they don't now.  It just shows the texture when you hover over the outfit folder.  I took one today, no charge.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

I will check again but I am using Firestorm and the only option is to pay 10ls to keep the picture.  Imaging was free. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.