fast pay in a tip jar

Dilah Halostar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I am an SL entertainer, I have a tip jar that i love, i cannot get the fast pay to configure right however,  when all the pieces are linked the fast pay only gives very low amounts even though i have configured the config card differently. when unlinked it seems to work fine but adds to the hassle of set out and clean up when i am rushing from gig to gig. I like the scripts and i think that the scripter i got them from is good...but in talking to the creator (another person) who made the board (i didn't care for the original scripts in it) there is a certain way to link the prims together so that each area works independantly. ie. the gift gives gives, group joiner invites ect.  right now when linked i can't get the fast pay to work....or, depending on the order i link it, it will only take tips and won't do any of the other functions...can you tell me,  or send me to someplace to tell me, or tell me where i need to go to learn about this....thank you Dilah (dee)

It's almost impossible to say what the solution is without knowing how the object is scripted.  It sounds to me, though, as if you have several different scripts in different child prims, some of which have touch* events that are interfering with others. The best answer is probably to rewrite the entire system to use a single script that handles all of the various functions.  If it's imporant to have several of them independantly touch activated, you could use llDetectedLinkNumber to tell which child prim has been touched or could disable certain functions while others are active.  This could be a challenge if you are new to scripting. If you are looking for someone to write a script for you, the best place to ask is in the Inworld Employment section of the Commerce Forums (http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Inworld-Employment/bd-p/InworldEmployment). 

There are many >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_Tutorial .  You can also take scripting classes in world for free at Builder's Brewery and NCI, to name a couple of the best-known spots.  Aside from those, the best way to learn is to start taking simple freebie scripts apart to see how they tick and then modify them a little bit at a time to make them do new things.  LSL is not a difficult language to learn.  Its syntax is a bit quirky in places and some functions take some getting used to, but the wiki is your friend.  The trickiest part of scripting in any language is rarely the language itself, but the logic of deciding how to get from the start to the end, and what choices to make along the way.

I think you need two scripts.   llSetPayPrice has to be called from the root prim, and affects all the prims in the linkset, but it only actually does anything if the prim you touch -- not necessarily the root prim -- contains an active script with a money event.

I've just tested this by linking together three prims.   In the root I put this script:

default{    state_entry()    {       llSetPayPrice(PAY_DEFAULT,[50,100,200,500]);    }    touch_start(integer total_number)    {       integer n = llDetectedLinkNumber(0);       key av = llDetectedKey(0);       if(n==1){           llRegionSayTo(av,0,"should be giving a gift");        }        else if (n==2){            llRegionSayTo(av,0,"should be inviting you to join a group");        }    }}

Linknumber 2 has nothing in it.  

And linknumber 3 (the first of the three prims I touched when linking them up) has this in it

default{    state_entry()    {       llSetClickAction(CLICK_ACTION_PAY);    }        money(key id, integer amount){        llRegionSayTo(id,0,"thank you for the tip");    }}

Touching each one produces the desired effect for that particular prim.

If your tip jar has Modify perms which it sounds like it does if you can link and unlink, you can (for a short fix)...

1. Rez the Tip Jar.

2. Unlink it.

3. Select each prim as if you were going to link it back together but instead select "Take " or "Take Copy" from the menu.

This will save your Tip Jar as a unlinked coalesced object in your inventory.

To rez the coalesced Tip Jar and move it around as a whole object...

1. Right-click and select "edit" on any other object in-world.

2. Go to your inventory and drag-drop your Tip Jar to a place in-world.

The "edit" box will automatically move to your Tip Jar from the other object you have selected and then you will be able to position/rotate the Tip Jar as a whole object.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.