Where are the child-friendly but RP-oriented modern RP sims at?

And by RP oriented I don't mean community sims where para- RP is the exception, not the standard. Where rentals and OOC events are the focus, rather than sim-wide plots.

It feels like such a niche area these days that's just missing. Years ago we had Lafourche, which died. Crack Den was good, but recent LL changes regarding child avatars makes youths no longer allowed in Adult rated sims regardless of the content we partake in/avoid.

Do any of these sims exist anymore? Gimme some recommendations. I miss day to day modern day RP. I miss sim-wide plots. I miss para RP.

• Like 2

This is very difficult to find, I want to be on my kid Avi, but the recent drama makes me not want to bother, but also its so difficult to find decent rp as a kid avi. I think Mischief managed is still around (the Hogwarts place, and Grimlocke I think. At one point I wanted to make a group for those who play kid/teen avi's for finding or starting rp but I didn't want to deal with weirdos coming and thinking it was something it wasn't. 

• Like 3

Yes, Mischief Managed is so far the longest running place that is still accessible to us. I routinely go back to it, but I also just miss modern day RP too. Seems impossible to find. I haven't checked Grimlocke so I'll look into that for curiosity sake. There are a few other sims I've written down, but they fall back onto the "Rentals first, OOC events, and then minor RP'.

• Like 1

You might want to look into the MyStory community and the RP sims that are affiliated! There seems to be a lot of family and kid-friendly stuff going on there, though since my SLmom and I don't chat anymore, I haven't been keeping up with them.

Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2024 at 9:22 PM, Erin Dakota said:

Came back to say, I am looking at astriums website and it looks like they have rp for kids (a whole school and everything) but I've not ever actually been there so take my words with a grain of salt. Heres the website Astrium Online – Medieval Fantasy Roleplay (astrium-mists.com) Look under attractions and you will find the info there. 

Astrium has been around for a while and I know the owner is very kid friendly, but it's medieval fantasy not modern. Grimlocke is also Fantasy, not modern.

On 5/11/2024 at 2:19 AM, Bryte Starlight said:

You might want to look into the MyStory community and the RP sims that are affiliated! There seems to be a lot of family and kid-friendly stuff going on there, though since my SLmom and I don't chat anymore, I haven't been keeping up with them.

That's a good idea, I'll look into that. I picked up the MyStory hud but haven't done anything with it.

Edited by Silachan Rain

On 5/7/2024 at 1:22 PM, Erin Dakota said:

This is very difficult to find, I want to be on my kid Avi, but the recent drama makes me not want to bother, but also its so difficult to find decent rp as a kid avi. I think Mischief managed is still around (the Hogwarts place, and Grimlocke I think. At one point I wanted to make a group for those who play kid/teen avi's for finding or starting rp but I didn't want to deal with weirdos coming and thinking it was something it wasn't. 

I attended school a long time ago but people roleplaying my age (tween) were much more mature looking and acting than me. I don't know of any places for child avatars like me. I don't feel comfortable around teens, and am too old to hangout with toddlers.

• Like 1

Waves to everyone.  :D

I'd be so interested in this myself.  I've been thinking recently that maybe a group for kids interested in this kind of RP would be more productive than looking for a specific sim because options have become so limited.  I'm in the process of putting together a group for kids who don't really fit in with the toddlers or teens and are looking for a place of their own in SL.

Before the recent policy changes I tried RP at Crack Den but I didn't feel comfortable there at all.  My main RP is currently at Mischief Managed and it's got a lot going for it but I'm still looking for something modern and kind of urban and everyday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/22/2024 at 10:31 PM, feriaweslite75 said:

i have a place going right now that you might be interested in. Not sure if your talking modern age or modern looks though.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ashland County/154/64/25

https://willowtidecommunity.wixsite.com/ashland-county-sl

Oooo, thanks for posting!  😊  I was meaning modern age and I think OP was too. 

On 5/2/2024 at 2:55 PM, Silachan Rain said:

And by RP oriented I don't mean community sims where para- RP is the exception, not the standard. Where rentals and OOC events are the focus, rather than sim-wide plots.

It feels like such a niche area these days that's just missing. Years ago we had Lafourche, which died. Crack Den was good, but recent LL changes regarding child avatars makes youths no longer allowed in Adult rated sims regardless of the content we partake in/avoid.

Do any of these sims exist anymore? Gimme some recommendations. I miss day to day modern day RP. I miss sim-wide plots. I miss para RP.

22 minutes ago, Sinistersmiles1995 said:

Brookridge Haven will be opening this summer, little avatar friendly, we do not permit any adult rated rp/items. 

Discord group: https://discord.gg/sMusHdJhZ4

Cool!  What sort of times will you be having events and stuff?  As I'm in the EU it can be difficult to find things that I'm able to get to.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2024 at 5:31 PM, feriaweslite75 said:

i have a place going right now that you might be interested in. Not sure if your talking modern age or modern looks though.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ashland County/154/64/25

https://willowtidecommunity.wixsite.com/ashland-county-sl

So I went to check it out in world and it seemingly doesn't exist. I'm going to guess it's been cancelled or something like two weeks after opening lol

Time to continue looking I guess

7 hours ago, Silachan Rain said:

So I went to check it out in world and it seemingly doesn't exist. I'm going to guess it's been cancelled or something like two weeks after opening lol

Time to continue looking I guess

Yeah, I just went to check and it doesn't seem to be there anymore.  The website is still up though so maybe they just moved locations!  :D  Seems unlikely...

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone else curious I've been looking into City of Portofino. I haven't seen much of the RP aspect yet, but the sim design is quite nice at least and they have reasonable rules  for children and teenagers.

• Like 1