Crawling collision box???

So I found out something about crawling, it is nothing more than an animation that doesn't affect your collision box meaning that when I crawl my collision box is still treated as if I am standing. My problem is I want to create a tunnel people can crawl into but because of this problem I have to make my tunnels big enough as if they were standing, and it kind of defeats the purpose of what I'm going for. Is there a way around this without creating a phantom ceiling??? An animation I can buy or a setting I can do??? Please and thank you =:3 

Avatars have two hard-coded collision shapes: a standard one for most purposes and a shorter, wider one for sitting. Nothing affects them except boy shape sliders. "Collision volume bones" have nothing to do with collisions and the physics frames of attached mesh objects are ignored.

There's a little more info in this old post:

• Thanks 1

The box you are talking about is avatar's bounding box, known as HitBox. The effect you saw with crawling animation is actually how all animations work - within the HitBox. HitBox can not be animated, it can only be controlled by script, that is how AO walks are working. When it comes to animations, system doesn't detect your avatar, it detects HitBox. When placing avatar on furniture, you are not placing actual avatar, but HitBox. It I remember correctly, you can distance avatar 10m from HitBox max with animation. There used to be Climbing Ladder script with animation and ladders that moved HitBox along the ladder, allowing avatar to actually go from point A to point B while connected to an object. I agree, many creations might be unlocked with possibility to animate or control HitBox in some simple way, but it is what it is.

• Like 1