Shape slider values changed on LL viewer.

Conifer Dada

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 79 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

These days I use the Alchemy viewer most of the time because the current standard LL viewer has such slow performance for me, even on minimal graphics settings.

Anyway, that aside, I was using the LL viewer to make minor adjustments to my shape. Some of slider scales, seemingly those that affect height, no longer go from 0 to 100 but instead have a different range. Height now goes from 0 - 430, while other height-related ones, like leg length, go from 0 - 200. My height is now 279 instead of 65, although my actual height of 5ft 4ins hasn't changed - I don't look any different!

The scales on the current Alchemy viewer haven't changed, they all still go from 0 - 100.

I'm wondering of the change on the LL viewer is an update, a glitch or something I inadvertently clicked in debug settings or something. It seems to have no logical explanation. 

Thanks. Luckily I don't need to do any more adjustments. 

As far as I can tell, the actual heights haven't changed, just the slider values. It's worth mentioning that the height value in feet or metres on the Alchemy viewer is different from on the LL viewer as it corresponds very closely with the height measured on a prim, which the LL one doesn't.  I use the LL height, though, as if I use the Alchemy / prim measurement height, I look rather short!

It was unintended and should be fixed in the next update. It's in the latest Firestorm beta too, since it's the same code.

It seems to be just a visual slider scaling issue, rather than actually affecting the shapes. Importing a previously saved shape's XML file still gives the correct shape, just showing different slider values because of the current mis-scaling.

The XML file contains both the absolute slider value, and a fractional floating point value which is clearly the one actually used on import (otherwise the import would currently give a wrong shape, if it were using the saved slider value). I'm not relying on saving shape XMLs until the issue is reverted though, just in case.

Edited by Rick Nightingale

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 79 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.