Inventory from other grids!

Spug Zarco

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Just a quick question!

Is it possible to share/copy Inventory from other Grids into SL??  I have a few gestures I use in OS (Open Sim), but would like to transfer them into SL so I can use them here!

4 answers to this question

Generally, no. 

You can upload meshes and textures from your computer. You can also copy and paste text from a notecard or a script.

You might be able to copy parts of a gesture and recreate it in SL. For a texted-based gesture you can copy and paste the text. For a sound-based gesture you might be able to copy the sound. I don't know how you could copy an animation, but with the right software you could probably recreate it.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

Thanks for your help!  As I thought I didn't think it was possible, but when talking to someone the other day they said it was difficult to do, Not Impossible!  But maybe they were just testing me lol Thanks for you support!

• Like 1

IF the gestures have you as an owner, you MIGHT be able to put them in a box and import the box which "might" included the gestures when opened. It worked that way going the other direction and I used to bulk upload my animations to OS that way.

IF the gestures were made by someone else they may also be available here in SL with the same avatar as creator.

IF they were "stolen" they may also be available here to purchase assuming the name of the gesture wasn't changed. :D

Edit:   

Here is where you export your filled box:

image.png.d180d6f609f47fb9674618f4841a8d9f.png

Then import it using BUILD> UPLOAD> IMPORT LINKSET 

Again, I don't think I ever tried importing FROM OS to SL so it may not work the same way.  I have imported a linkset (house) from OS to SL and that worked fine. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.