Is there a script that allows the rigged mesh clothing to swap between states on its own?

MatKerekes

Question

I have made a piece of clothing with multiple models representing different states, all rigged into one piece of clothing, essentially it would be getting dirtier and more worn, and I want it to change from state 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 on its own, and stay in each state for a specific amount of time, then stay in state 4 until the avatar does something to clean it up and then it can switch back to state 1 (the clean state). is it possible to do that with a script? I have tired the mesh object switcher and the alpha sequencer script on mp and they did not do what i wanted at all. I want something that can control the alpha of the objects within the linkset since i have all the states rigged together as one piece of clothing, and it can show only one or two objects in the linkset at a time.

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

Salt & Pepper has a Cinderella gown that changes to Poor Cinderella's dress. It can be set to change at the top of the hour. I don't know to script this, but it seems like you could do something with timing in your script too.

I also have an old  sculpted chair that wears out the more avatars sit on it.

You should probably ask this question in the scripting subforum.

Edited by Persephone Emerald

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Salt & Pepper has a Cinderella gown that changes to Poor Cinderella's dress. It can be set to change at the top of the hour. I don't know to script this, but it seems like you could do something with timing in your script too.

I also have an old  sculpted chair that wears out the more avatars sit on it.

You should probably ask this question in the scripting subforum.

Thanks! I will post this in the scripting subforum and I will check out the products you mentioned as well to get some inspiration!

• Like 1

On 3/22/2024 at 2:02 AM, MatKerekes said:

I want something that can control the alpha of the objects within the linkset since i have all the states rigged together as one piece of clothing

This is relatively easy to script, you simply have a bunch of llSetLinkParamsFast statements to change the alpha value on each link/face as needed. This sort of script is commonly used in "strippable clothing", where people can click on your dress to unzip it, or on a bikini to pull it to one side etc. 

Buying a script to do this ready made off the MP is going to be a "one size doesn't fit at all" issue. You either need to find a scripter too do it for you or learn to script your self

• Like 2