Please recommend a "Tintable Stubble" (Beard HUD with options) for Catwa Daniel

Love Zhaoying

Most short stubble would be BOM or include a BOM layer in addition to any mesh. Most BOM on the market now would require Evo X.

You can check for older stock at places like Okara, Fuoey, Stray Dog, Hype, Volkstone, Mister Razzor, or Not Found to see if they've still got any pre-Evo X BOM layers for sale. They may on the MP, or perhaps in-world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

This pic is using a beard HUD I had in my MP wish list.  I like that it's a little subtle (maybe too subtle)!

@Ayashe Ninetails, this just used the standard Catwa HUDs in addition to its own 1-time applier hud. (I had to watch a YouTube video on how to tint it!)

Should I get some more just to see the differences?

image.thumb.png.eec20fb480b4d9c4ca7508695c95a08b.png

Edited by Love Zhaoying

11 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

This pic is using a beard HUD I had in my MP wish list.  I like that it's a little subtle (maybe too subtle)!

@Ayashe Ninetails, this just used the standard Catwa HUDs in addition to its own 1-time applier hud. (I had to watch a YouTube video on how to tint it!)

Should I get some more just to see the differences?

image.thumb.png.eec20fb480b4d9c4ca7508695c95a08b.png

I don't see a single thing. You're right - it's very subtle! 

I don't use much facial hair at all, but if I do, it's on the skin itself or I'd just use BOM. I would imagine applier stuff might cause alpha clashes with hair, but I have no clue to be honest, since I've never tried it (my applier makeup and eyebrows do clash, though, hence why I always favor BOM whenever possible).

As to whether you should get more or not, I have no idea, since it's so difficult to see it to begin with. I'd say no and opt for something more visible, but that's just me!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I don't see a single thing. You're right - it's very subtle! 

Basically, there would not be any shadow on my face starting where the whiskers are, if not for the "beard".

Guess I will keep looking for something a little less subtle (using your suggestions)!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Yep, much better.

As for the neck line, uhhhhhhh...it depends. I don't remember if the old pre-HDPro heads use the universal neck or not. Could be the skin or materials on the body, too.

I guess my point was, since I always wear "only" this body/head/skin combo, and it doesn't show up all the time, it must be certain lighting conditions that make it show up!

I should check for next fixes (noting that this is older Daniel head etc.)

Saint @Rowan Amore helped me straighten out LoveX, but this is "old stuffs".

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

There does seem to be a shine on the body.  Turning that off should help.  You really ought to be using BOM...just sayin'.

I thought of that, removed my alpha and of course the skin doesn't work. 

So, I'd have to get a BOM skin..LOL!

It's never-ending! 🙂

ETA: Working on turning off the shine now.  It's been bugging me ever since PBR!

Edited by Love Zhaoying