Forum Matters -- 2010 archives borked

Innula Zenovka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Has anyone else noticed this?   I was looking for some examples in last year's archives and, as far as I can make out, all formatted examples containing lists have lost the lists.   So something that originally read, llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(n,[PRIM_POSITION, ......]); now just reads llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(n,  );

This is a real pain in the neck -- there were loads of good examples in discussions of how to get and set link primitive params when the new functions came out.

Does anyone here have any influence with the powers that be to get them to send out search parties for our missing lists?

ETA  https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-3924

I noticed it, and bitched about it, and it's why I made sure to repost the resizer script. unfortunately, there probably isn't anything that can be done about it... I believe the conversion to the new system wiped out the list interior information, thinking it was BBCODE.

Thanks, Void.   And I guess no one at the Lab thought to keep an back-up and check on how successful the conversion had been before finally committing the changes.

I really wish they'd check with involved users before doing some stuff.   As we all know, those archives are an invaluable reference source and learning tool, and it really upsets me when they get trashed through carelessness, whether or not the damage is fixable.      For several forums, it's no big deal if the archives are there or not, I guess, but for us it obviously is, and I'm not sure LL are always aware of this.   I'm planning to start attending the Community Tools User Group anyway, since I'm a bit concerned that LL have twice recently made serious factual mistakes about age verification in KB articles and videos, and this is another reason to attend, I guess.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.