Can you make an older skin evo x and maitreya x compatible?

Elinah Iredell

Question

Hi. I have some skins I created many years ago,, and I was wondering if it is possible to flip the head of the skin over to work with the evo x heads? Has anyone done this and is it hard ? Also how do you make the body of the skin compatible with maitreya lara x and other mesh body types ?  I just want to do this for myself probably not going to sell any of them. 

3 answers to this question

Since the EvoX has it's own mapping, you'll need to apply for the dev kit from Lelutka...

Content Creators – LeLUTKA (lelutkasl.com)

As for the body skin, while they technically would work as BOM skin on any mesh body, there are subtle differences usually in the finger/toe areas where the old painted on nails and toe spacing are since system bodies didn't have separate fingers and toes.   Since you created the skins, you can make those adjustments on your own and wear them as BOM/system skins on most mesh bodies.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Since the EvoX has it's own mapping, you'll need to apply for the dev kit from Lelutka...

Content Creators – LeLUTKA (lelutkasl.com)

As for the body skin, while they technically would work as BOM skin on any mesh body, there are subtle differences usually in the finger/toe areas where the old painted on nails and toe spacing are since system bodies didn't have separate fingers and toes.   Since you created the skins, you can make those adjustments on your own and wear them as BOM/system skins on most mesh bodies.

Hi Thank you for your answer. Why does trying on an older skin with an Evo x head cause the head of the skin to flip upside down?  I also notice the chest shading on the Maitieya x mesh bodies seems a little off in some lighting with these older skins,. is there a reason for that?  I will apply for the developer kits and try to make things look better. Should be interesting. 

Edited by Elinah Iredell

The EvoX head has a completely different mapping than the default avatar which is what most other mesh heads used.   It was created by Lelutka to allow finer detail and why the ear texture is not included on the head skin.  It usually comes as a separate universal layer.  A handful of other head brands are now also EvoX compatible.  

Every mesh body will have slight differences in how skins look on them.  You'll notice, if you shop around for body skins, that they now sell them by body.  A Reborn skin, a Maitreya skin, etc.  Head and body skins are now most often sold separately as well for the same reason.  My Lelutka head paired with my Reborn body needs 2 separate skins compared to someone with a Catwa head and a Maitreya body.  It's not one size fits all anymore.

Most people don't try using older skins with new mesh bodies.  There are fixes available for some areas but overall, you're better off using skins for specific heads and bodies, IMO.

• Like 1