You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My alt has a greasy-looking skin....help!  What do I do? And why would this be the default? (just got a new head and body for her).  Hope it isn't the new 'shiny' thing!  Maitreya body, lelutka head.   I do notice that I can't get rid of the Senra skin even when applying a new one, and wonder if this has anything to do with it.

9 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

My alt has a greasy-looking skin....help!  What do I do? And why would this be the default? (just got a new head and body for her).  Hope it isn't the new 'shiny' thing!  Maitreya body, lelutka head.   I do notice that I can't get rid of the Senra skin even when applying a new one, and wonder if this has anything to do with it.

Is the Senra skin showing on the body, or the head? In the old days, a skin covered both head and body. That was how all skins were sold. But since we can not use 2 skins the same time, or add a skin over another skin, the tattoo system layer is used more and more. This layer (Pink wiggle) has more or less replaced the old standard skin. The head and body skins are sold in 2 parts. The creator may use a standard skin + tattoo layer / or tattoo layer + tattoo layer over a skin that is totally hidden.

Your Senra skin is an old standard skin. You can add skins that are using tattoo layers. Always add tattoo layers, do not "wear" them.

Use the same brand for both head and body. Unless the head skin creator is selling skins that match another "body skin" maker. Example: Amara Beauty sell head skins that matches with Velour skin. Even if they have their own body skins.

There are body skins on tattoo layers included with the Maitreya body, but they have to be unpacked. LaraX skins are in the LaraX EXTRAS UNPACKER HUD V1.1HUD where you find other things like underwear. Click "Velour BOM skins" and you get delivered Maitreya LaraX - Velour BoM Skins. It is 20  skin tones, including fantasy ones. (Not all Velour skin tones are included, these are only some of them)

Original Lara 5.3 has the skins in a box in the folder. It is matching Glam Affair skins and are named Maitreya Mesh Body Lara - Tattoo Layers Skins Glam Affair. It is 22 skins, both the older skins that has names like "America", but also the new skin tones that has only numbers in the name, 01 - 12.

You can test how it works for free. Pick up the EvoX Raven skin from Amara Beauty http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hell Fire/146/198/23 (Group is free) (Holly skin is not EvoX) (Lipsticks are EvoX)

Use the "Porcelain" a.b. head skin with the "Porcelain" body skin from the Maitreya body.

raven_001.png.870a8835397cc5728d9a07f232340e54.png

If you will try out the Amara body skins, walk upstairs. Under the vendor for "Bree skin" is a set of free body skins on the floor.  😍

raven_002.png.e0b2bd6d8a7cf0b47c41ac7e3d891e35.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

• 3 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.