How can I change my Display Name in the Emergence Viewer?

CandySugars Klossovsky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4686 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Is there a way to do this in Emergence as I have tried repeatedly using the official viewer and it just won't work for me!

Thanks so much!

**Thanks for the suggestions so far. :)  When I attempt to change the Display Name in the latest version of Viewer 2, I get to the part where I am prompted to put  my new display in and I can  even save it, however then a message comes up saying  "Fl about text is too long (maximum is 250 characters)"

I have no idea why this is happening!  As the name I have chosen is only 22 characters!  Thanks again.  :)

5 answers to this question

Wow, based on what Storm said I have an idea! Wasn't it that in older viewers, the about you text can be 500 chars long (can't test at the moment)? If you set a long text and now try to save your profile via web where a restriction of 250 characters for the about text is in place, that check method kicks in and disallows you to save the profile. Actually this would make sense as the error message mentions about text.

EDIT: Just had a peek in the source of old V1: About text limit there is 500 characters and about text in web profiles is still 500 characters. So it can't be this. :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4686 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.