Maitreya Layers - Not working as I want to :(

Jenifer Canning

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 85 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You'll need to apply the top to the tattoo layer. Your dress fits too closely to the body to fit the underwear layer under it. If it still pokes through with the tattoo layer then there isn't much you can do except look for a net top that is made with system layers, if your skin is BoM. I've seen many.

Edited by Ze Helix
  • Like 3

Unfortunately, it looks like you're wearing 2 different mesh clothing items which don't go together. Usually, it's very difficult to layer mesh clothing items unless they're specifically created to go together by the creator. Sometime you can layer certain tops under some jackets even if they're different creators, but even that is hit or miss.

If you want to wear something net under that specific dress, you might want to search for a BOM net shirt which would fit under pretty much anything.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Shiloh Lyric said:

Unfortunately, it looks like you're wearing 2 different mesh clothing items which don't go together. Usually, it's very difficult to layer mesh clothing items unless they're specifically created to go together by the creator. Sometime you can layer certain tops under some jackets even if they're different creators, but even that is hit or miss.

If you want to wear something net under that specific dress, you might want to search for a BOM net shirt which would fit under pretty much anything.

This is what I assumed was going on.  2 mesh items and not a BOM layer/mesh item problem.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Fraser Lisle said:

Wear the mesh top as BOM, not an applier.

Mesh and BOM are 2 different things. Mesh isn't worn as an applier. BOM is a texture that's baked directly onto the avatar skin. Appliers bake a texture onto a layer of a mesh body or head. Mesh is a separate attachment.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shiloh Lyric said:

Mesh and BOM are 2 different things. Mesh isn't worn as an applier. BOM is a texture that's baked directly onto the avatar skin. Appliers bake a texture onto a layer of a mesh body or head. Mesh is a separate attachment.

I know, I meant as in the material. It's a mesh top, not a mesh top ;)

Hehe, should have said net

It just looks like it is being worn as an applier I think so it is going on one of the bodies onion skin layers. If worn as a BOM clothing item though it should be on the skin layer directly.

Of course that is assuming it has a BOM/system clothes option. Can't see it in the picture so no clue.

I guess the other way would if it is an applier only is to apply to the tattoo layer but I don't even know if that is the same as BOM, I always assumed these applier layers sat slightly prominent of the body.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 85 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.